HELLO SCOOTS! YES WE'VE GONE PURPLE FScootMaryland.com Meet. Share. Ride. ... a scooter blog

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Who's a Chicken?!?!?

OK so last week we returned from our honeymoon, and it was back to business as usual. About the middle of the week I began to notice the faint but real signs of that first cold of the season, and sure enough by this past weekend I was a full blown mess. Which has led to my decision for the comfort of my nice warm truck for the past three morning commutes.

Each morning this week I have gotten up and looked outside at the dark coldness, gone through my morning routine of waking myself up and shaking off the cold symptoms with the usual array of cold products, and then having to make a decision about what to drive to work. I think to myself its probably not good for the recovery process to go out zipping along in the 35-40 degree weather at 40mph, and so each morning I have opted for the easy, heated, hot coffee toting, comfort of the truck.

And perhaps karmicly I am passed by at least one fellow scoot bundled up in their winter jacket zipping off to work and putting me to shame. I have to say there is a definite level of guilt sneaking up on me when I ask myself: am I trucking because of my cold, or using it as an excuse to stay out of the cold? I love my scooter, I love riding, but each morning this week when I stare out at the dark coldness waiting for me and a decision has to be made my love of scooting has not been able to over power my love of windows and a heater, and I am left to wonder... When my cold leaves, will my bravery return?

No comments: