HELLO SCOOTS! YES WE'VE GONE PURPLE FScootMaryland.com Meet. Share. Ride. ... a scooter blog

Friday, August 15, 2008

OK now i KNOW the rain gods are screwing with me...

OK so Wednesday's little 3 hour rain fiasco was followed up on Thursday. I got up and watched the weather forecast as usual, Good-O'le-Marty-Bass-'der-hon tells me that Thursday will be like Wednesday only the rain won't come until more like 5 of after, giving my adequate time to scoot home. So given that I take the weatherman's advice with a grain of salt anyway I decide to brave the ride.

At 4pm (quiting time) the clouds are back, but not nearly as threatening as the day before. So i take off for home, being very mindful of the skies above me. Once again I make it about half way home and as I am sitting at a traffic light, here comes the drizzle. So it's not too bad and I decide I am going to push through unless it gets ridiculous again. As I turn up my street the Gods decide to crank things up and here comes the downpour. I race down the street, get to the house, get the scooter in its covered area, get it locked up, get all my stuff out, and when I turn around the sun is out. Literally in the 5 minutes it took me to get into my yard and get the scooter put away it went from a cloudy downpour to bright and sunny. I was left to laugh at myself as I couldn't shake the feeling of a personal cosmic f-you from the rain gods.

No comments: