HELLO SCOOTS! YES WE'VE GONE PURPLE FScootMaryland.com Meet. Share. Ride. ... a scooter blog

Friday, August 22, 2008

West Coast Scoots!... this is IT, this is exactly why I do this...

..."Thanks Dave! Your site is providing me the encouragement to look into something that seemed like an iffy idea at first. Now I can’t wait to get my scooter!"...

It still amazes me, the power of the internet. I check my email about two weeks ago and up pops an email from a guy in Huntington Beach California. His name is Chris, he is an artist and designer, and was in the market for a scooter.

In this first email he asked the questions a first time scooter buyer would and should ask, and in the return I tried to offer the the best advice and opinions I could. And as of his second email, a few days back, Chris is now the proud owner of a Lance Vintage, already with 120 miles on it and it's first trip to the beach under it's belt. Actually I should say under Dolores' belt as Chris tells me his girlfriend has already dubbed his ride. This part does make me smile because I did tell him, of all the opinions I have, the one I guaranteed is that he was going to love the ride.

And if you also happen to be in the scooter market in Chris's neck of the woods, here is where he got it: TXX Motorsports in Anaheim CA. and if you need to talk scooters and art here is Chris.

It's just a cool thing I think when what you do for fun opens the world up, connects people who otherwise would never have even realized each other's existence, and allows people to grow share and help... it's kind of a proud feeling. Whoever said the internet was going to make us all hermits was a moron!

So congrats to Chris on his new ride, and I hope you'll send us pictures and updates, especially when the weather turns on us East Coasters and we're forced to pack it in for the winter, while you lucky West Coasters don't miss a beat!

No comments: