HELLO SCOOTS! YES WE'VE GONE PURPLE FScootMaryland.com Meet. Share. Ride. ... a scooter blog

Thursday, September 11, 2008

The seasons are a changing

This entry could almost be filed under driving jackassery, but it's more of a collective shift than any one person being stupid. I noticed it for the first time a week ago Wednesday, also know as the second day of school for much of the area. The traffic patterns along my route had changed, things were more crowded, there were different people doing different things, it was horrible! My nice peaceful summertime commute is changing into a get the kids to school drag race! I'm looking at you Gilman and Roland Park Landrover-Driving-Parents... the right hand driving lane of Roland Ave does not magically become a parking lot because the school's parking lot is full, and you need a place to park!

In happier news this shift has caused me, two days in a row now, to sync up with another scooter rider on my afternoon ride home. The first day we got a chance to have that 30 second red light conversation. I make note of him because he is the first person to tell me he bought his scooter online. I didn't get a chance to hear the brand, although it was a sporty looking 150cc model. He said he got it for around a grand from some company in Texas and that it came to him almost fully assembled and all he had to do was put the front tire on. So thats nice to hear that people are having good experiences with online retailers that many of us are usually skeptical of.

And lastly thanks to the motorcycle guy this morning who gave me the big wave! I was starting to loose faith in your kind.

1 comment:

Just Plane Jayne said...

Be careful out there on the roads -- I've noticed the increase in lunacy as well!