HELLO SCOOTS! YES WE'VE GONE PURPLE FScootMaryland.com Meet. Share. Ride. ... a scooter blog

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Meetup to Google

Hi Everyone!
A little administrative business to take care of. It has come to my attention the existence of Google Groups. This being a service from Google that allows you to create websites for common interests. 

This past summer in an effort to get a riding group together I formed a ScootMaryland Riding Group at MeetUp.com. The attempt was fairly successful and the service was very nice although it does come at a monthly membership cost. It seems to me MeetUp's Serivce has the idea in mind of a money making venture at it's core which ScootMaryland is not. So in the interest of Dave not spending money needlessly (because Google offers essentially the same thing for free haha) I have moved the group there. So please now find us HERE. Please take a minute and create a profile and say hi, and I hope to see you all in the spring for some fun rides! In the next days and weeks I'll be tweaking the page, and of course I'll keep you up to date on new developments.

No comments: