HELLO SCOOTS! YES WE'VE GONE PURPLE FScootMaryland.com Meet. Share. Ride. ... a scooter blog

Friday, July 18, 2008

The Biker Snub

I'm sure many of you have noticed as you scoot around that there is an unspoken two-wheeled camaraderie on the rode. This seems to stem from a common understanding of the joys and pains of two-wheeled life, and is usually communicated by a simple wave or peace sign as you pass another rider.
Over the last month I have become aware of this simple gesture, and use it freely as I pass another two-wheeler of any level, and usually I see it in return. I was actually surprised by how often this sign of respect is offered from Bikers to Scooters, I did in the beginning have the distinct expectation that I was to be considered down the food chain from Bikers, but for the most part that doesn't seem to be the case.

Then just as I get used to this free exchange with The Two-Wheeled Ruling Class, I seem to have run into a string of snubs. So I'd like to take this time to set a few things straight with those Bad Asses who snub the scoot...

What's with the lack of love? We enjoy the joy the two-wheeled ride too! We enjoy the same ride, have the same fun, and deal with the same problems that come with riding. We are not your lesser immitaters, just a different breed of the same animal. We are not bikers in training, WE ARE SCOOTS! And so I say to those Bad Ass Bikers, why don't you come down off your high iron horse, and show a little love?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Umm. I think it is because somehow the bikers think their bike reflects who they are to satisfy their insecurities, whereas scooter people are secure enough to not need bikes to make them feel worthy.