HELLO SCOOTS! YES WE'VE GONE PURPLE FScootMaryland.com Meet. Share. Ride. ... a scooter blog

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dinner for 4 and overcoming some scooter fears...

Usually if I am going to run errands after work, I stop home first and trade out the scooter for the truck, and there are several reasons for this in my mind.

The first is obviously the truck can hold way more than the trunk on the Vino.

The second is parking. When I pull into a parking space, especially when there are cars on either side of me, even though I park the Vino as visibly as I can, all I can think of while I'm in the store is is someone not paying attention going to think that space is empty and just whip into it and take out the scooter.

And lastly is security, unlike home and work I have nothing to lock the Vino to, and even though I can lock the steering column to make it undriveable it's still a pretty good target for theft.

But even with all this in mind I decided to go ahead to the market on Thursday afternoon, this is the day that once a week I play chef for Heidi and a couple friend of our's MB and Bryan. Well into the market I went, and twenty minutes later I come back to find everything just as I left it, and even the three bags of groceries fit easily.

No comments: