HELLO SCOOTS! YES WE'VE GONE PURPLE FScootMaryland.com Meet. Share. Ride. ... a scooter blog

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Video Shows Boys Attack Woman, Steal Scooter

Two teenagers were caught on surveillance tape attacking a 65-year-old woman and pushing her off her scooter Tuesday night.Kay Fox had just pulled into the driveway of the Oak Hall condominiums in Kansas City when she felt someone push her."All of a sudden, I felt the scooter go over," Fox said.Surveillance video showed two kids push and punch Fox and wrestle her scooter away from her."I was down on the ground, and I reached over and I grabbed the tire, and I thought, 'I'm not going to let go,'" Fox said.The video showed the kids pulling the scooter and Fox along the driveway while the garage door closed, narrowly missing Fox.Fox said after the garage door closed, the kids became even more violent."I just definitely was not going to let go, and that's the end of it. He came around as the garage door was closing and then he started stomping on my head," Fox said. "It was the helmet that really saved me."The kids got away with the 2006 Honda Metropolitan scooter, Fox's keys and garage door opener.Workers changed out the locks and codes on Wednesday.Oak Hall Property manager Sandy Bodner said she was in a board meeting when a doorman came into the meeting and said someone had been mugged."This makes me very angry because this isn't the first time this has happened," Bodner said. "If it's shown on television, maybe someone will recognize them and maybe they can be caught."After hearing her story, radio station 101 The Fox rallied behind Fox and contacted Gail's Harley Davidson, which gave Fox a new scooter."I just want to thank everyone for being so nice. This is all I had was a scooter, and so now, I have wheels again. It just means everything to me. Thank you," Fox said. Fox said she would like to see the pair who robbed her caught."I want to see them and I want to talk to them. They're forgiven, you know, I totally forgive them. But I need to sit down and talk with them and ask them why," Fox said.Fox said she hopes the pair can be helped.

No comments: