HELLO SCOOTS! YES WE'VE GONE PURPLE FScootMaryland.com Meet. Share. Ride. ... a scooter blog

Thursday, July 3, 2008

I was warned about... The Kymco People S 50


Now while in the dealership there was an option that seemed to be the best of all worlds. The Taiwan contribution to the scooter world is the Kymco People S50. It's a 49cc (moped) engine packed into a big frame similar in size to my Vino. I made a point to separately ask multiple sales people their opinion on this option. Without fail each of them warned me to stay away, some violently. They recommended to stick to the better well known brands like Honda and Yamaha, and stay away from these plastic POS's.

But lets be fair, I have no experience with this brand, so Kymco Scoots lets hear your reviews.

1 comment:

shoal said...

kymco is an extremely reliable brand. I am not sure who you spoke with, but these are not cheap chinese knock-offs. I have a people s50, and have driven it back and forth from work for the past 2 months. The scooter runs extremely well and easily handles two people riding it. Overall, I am very pleased, and the larger wheel size and overall size is a plus.