HELLO SCOOTS! YES WE'VE GONE PURPLE FScootMaryland.com Meet. Share. Ride. ... a scooter blog

Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Race for GREENer...

So one of the positive side effects of gas scooter riding, whether you care or not, is they burn far less gas and therefor pollute far less then gas engine cars. Already you can pat yourself on the back for making your carbon footprint that much smaller.

However there are those who are taking it to the next level with ZERO emission electric scooters. And as we all know these silent scoots are thought of as having draw backs like being underpowered and therefor their popularity has not really taken off like their fossil fuel counterparts.

Well that was until now... enter the Vectrix. This maxi size scooter can do everything it's gas counter parts can, its nice looking, well designed, 0-50 in just under 7 seconds. This new generation of electric scooter is just blowing out all the stereotypes and is the greatest thing since sliced bread... oh wait the range... it seems like factoring in all the things that can affect this scoots range, I could get to work and back maybe two days in a row before a recharge. OK so that's not so bad, but what if I want to take a nice long cruise like some of the pictures on their website show? According to Vectrix's website I'll only be covering about 44 miles at 45mph before I have to stop for a 3 to 5 hour recharge!?!? Hey, I can stop into my favorite gas station , fill up for $3, buy a soda and snack, and be back on the road in 3-5 minutes.

So while its not quite there yet, I do applaud the efforts being made to get us even greener. I'm not downing you guys by any means, far from it, I just can't say you're THERE yet.

And as always, to be fair, if anyone from Vectrix wants to loan me a ride, I'd be happy to give you my hands-on two cents.

The Vectrix Website

No comments: